The absolute best part about autumn is that it is so damn easy to make it super cosy. This is not the time to go minimalistic, less is definitely not more. You really want to amp up the den feeling. Here is a bunch of ideas for you to do to get the perfect cosy autumn feeling in less than an hour.
- Change the pillows in your couch. You can quickly transform the feeling of a room by trading out pillows. Opt for plaids and stripes with deep hues to add more to the autumnal vibe.
- Light those candles – the more the merrier.
- Get out all your throws – or get a new one – and place them in your couch or arm chair, ready to keep your warm.
- Go for a walk and pick up some beautiful autumn branches or chestnuts. Place them in a vase for a sculptural look.
- Halloween is just around the corner, so make a cute pumpkin lantern (or just place a few lanterns) for your doorstep to welcome your guests.
- Make a new autumn inspired setup on your coffee table or in your window – use materials like wood, dark marble and rustic ceramics.
- Make a cup of delicious tea and cuddle up on the couch catching up on your favourite tv shows or blogs.
- Plan and make cute handwritten invitation for a autumn dinner with friends
- Add a pop of pumpkins. No need to go overboard: Place two small white pumpkins on an entryway table to greet guests with a smattering of fall spirit.
- Pour yourself a nice glass of whisky and put on your favourite record – and relax!
Pictures by Holmegaard