In just a few days it is the big day. The only day in which we sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks. I am totally for it though. I love Christmas. I love the traditions and bring some with me on the road if I am travelling during the holidays. I would always, no matter where I am, stream the Disney Christmas cavalcade shown on Danish TV every year the 24th at 5pm. Lets just today focus a little bit on those traditional decorations, so if you want to do them like a true Scandi, just follow these simple tips.
01. Load up of green branches and firs. It really doesn’t have to be only Nordmann fir, but add various greens like olive branches.
02. Wrap in brown, recycled paper – but add string and ribbons in fun colors and of course a fun handmade gift card (and more fir).
03. Light candles – lots of candles. Impress with a simple DIY fir and candle combo, get the how to here.
05. Fold and decorate with colorful Christmas paper stars.
06. You need at least one big, very green, Christmas tree – the Nordmann fir you will see in 99% of the Danish homes.
07. Add smaller Christmas trees around the house, note that the fir can be more creative though and surely it doesn’t need to be all super perfect; random and casual are key.
08. Add wool blankets and animal skins for texture and warmth.
09. Light up small ceramic houses in your windows.
10. Decorate with cute small tree wrapped in leftover wrapping paper.
And if you want even more last minute Christmas decoration, I have made a ton of posts these past years, check them all out here.