Summer is almost over, or at least what we officially call summer in Denmark. I want to make the most of this weekend as it looks like the temperature will drop massively with the season change. To make the most of the weekend, here is my 5 suggestions to what you should definitely do these next few days, before the summer ends.
01. Bike around the city and drink coffee outside: the number of days where you can sit outside only wearing a tee is soon over, so hit as many of the coolest coffee shops around Copenhagen.
Get inspired: 8 coffee shops you need to visit in Copenhagen
02. Drink wine & watch the sunset: the place to do exactly that is La Banchina. Located at Refshaleøen it is a little bit far from the city centre, however, it is so peaceful and you’ll find the best view of the city. Remember to bring you swimsuit, as you want to jump the water to cool off after sitting in the pier.
03. Go For A Walk Along The Beach: head to the beach, with friends or just by yourself, just discover how amazing our coastline really is. Whenever I need to really get my mind of things, I go to Kongelund – the walk through the forest and then the beach, is just breath-taking. You’ll even spot a lot of planes landing in Copenhagen airport.
04. Eat as many ice creams as possible: It goes without saying, summer = ice cream. You might think; I have already eaten my fair share of ice creams this summer, but I am sure there is room for just a few more. Very soon its gonna be rainy and super cold, so ice cream will be the last thing on you mind.
05. Make the perfect Summer Glow Bowl: all you need is sweet tart blueberries (which is in season right now in DK), black Nile barley, spicy watercress, shaved fennel bulb, tangy oranges, creamy avocado and crunchy walnuts – this will make the summer last longer.
Get inspired: Glow Bowl by Feasting at Home