I have just booked yet another trip to Los Angeles, I will be going end of July, three full weeks. I cannot wait. After all, as H.C. Andersen once said; “to travel is to live”, and I couldn’t agree more. No matter who you are or where you’re going, one thing is certain: you will need to pack. Some travellers plan what they’re taking weeks in advance; others are more harried, tossing a few things in a bag at the last minute. For those always on the go, knowing how to pack a suitcase perfectly is a travel-must.
So as part of the Victorinox #UrbanOutdoors campaign I am packing my suitcase and giving you all a “How To Pack A Suitcase” guide, so you can arrive to your summer destination in style.
01. First, lay out everything you are planning to bring on the floor or your bed. Be as ruthless as possible and take away anything you know you are never going to use.
02. Pack your shoes first. Before you pack them, roll up your socks and fill them inside your shoes, this will both safe space and ensure that your shoes retain their shape in transit. If your shoes came with shoe bags now is the time to get them out. Place your shoes, heal to toe, at the edges of your suitcase.
03. Fill out the middle will the bulkier items, like knits, jackets and jeans. A little space saving tip when packing jeans, place them in the centre of your suitcase, overlapping and then fold them over each other.
04. Layer your t-shirts on top; creating an even surface, then place your ironed shirts on top, this should be the last items you pack.
05. Finally fill in the gaps with your underwear, toiletries, extra watch and so on.
Now you should be all set for your summer holiday. Have a wonderful trip.