I will the coming weeks in my weekly obsessions focus on smaller interior businesses who needs a bit of extra help in these difficult uncertain times. Make sure to support you local stores as much as you can, as many of them have invested their whole lifesavings into these small shops and they just don’t have the time (and by time I mean money!) for this to pass. So if you want that place to exist when all this is over, you need to – money-spending-wise – carry on as usual, the best you can, so keep shopping guys.
- Your walls needs some love, one of the easiest ways to live up a space is with a new piece of art. One of my favorite places is Beauton Art Gallery in Copenhagen, their selection spans from original art to modern art posters within everyone budgets. Favorite posters Badeanstalt Helgoland, Celebrate every day, Hero, all bringing a smile on my face, something we all need a reminder about every day.
- Thinking about new curtains, anddrape is a new Copenhagen startup, who are offering styling meeting via Facetime and fabric samples send out via mail. It is a start – and you’ll have new curtains ready to instal as soon as the lockdown is over.
- Stop by Kartotek Copenhagen is a local paper source of mine. I always carry a nice journal for all my notes. Their 2020 notebook calendar is even half price.
- If you are on the hunt for some great ceramics for your many cups of coffee the next few weeks, head to The General Store. Amazing selection of unique cups – and many other ceramics too.
Rest of Europe:
- The Fine Store located in the Hague, the Netherlands offers a range of consciously curated interior and lifestyle products. They carry brands like Iris Hantverk, Hasami Porcelain and Austin Austin, all perfect to brighten up your daily life these days.
- In Edinburg you’ll find Life Story, a shop packed with lovely Scandinavian design. They are offering free delivery within the UK mainland, just use the code HANDWASH at checkout. They also wrap all those Mother’s Day (March 21st in the UK) gifts free of charge.
If you own a design store or know of one, let me know. I am happy to share.