Above: Sneak peek into the soon-to-open Ace Hotel Kyoto designed in collaboration with longtime Ace partner Commune Design and with world-renowned Kengo Kuma as the architect.
- Norwegian design brand Slettvoll opened its very first brand store in Denmark, Copenhagen. Check out their newest brand video – it is so very cute.
- Ikea’s latest limited-edition line designed by of-the-moment fashion figure Virgil Abloh definitely features a few products worth standing in line for. It’s called Markerad and it’s in stores in November.
- Also, loving Fritz Hansen’s newest member, Fred – meaning ‘peaceful’ in Danish – a collaboration between Scandinavia and Spain, a lounge chair that strikes the perfect balance between Danish heritage and Jaime Hayon’s modern, playful aesthetic.
- Preorder your copy now: Design Hotels marks their 25th anniversary with a new innovative editorial and artistic direction in their 2020 edition of The Design Hotels Book, created in collaboration with some of the world’s leading photographers.
- On the news stands: the new Ark Journal is out. I especially cannot wait to read about the Danish modernist Jørn Utzon. Two of his rarely shown houses that show his genius for designing homes that enrich their inhabitants’ lives are featured in the new magazine.
- Also, I am hiring. I am looking for a newsletter content creator. Is that you? Let me know.
Previously in Weekly Obsessions:
- Weekly Obsessions: Concrete Contemporary
- Weekly Obsessions: Bali Retreat
- Weekly Obsessions: Keeping Warm